zondag 25 oktober 2015

Hey Hey we're listening to the Monkees... part 12


Side Two
1. "Superstitious" (film dialogue from The Black Cat; voice of Bela Lugosi) 0:07
2. "As We Go Along" Carole King, Toni Stern 3:51
3. "Dandruff?" (film dialogue) 0:39
4. "Daddy's Song" Harry Nilsson 2:30
5. "Poll" (film dialogue; voices of Frank Zappa and Victor Mature) 1:13
6. "Long Title: Do I Have to Do This All Over Again" Peter Tork 2:39
7. "Swami – Plus Strings, Etc." (arranged by Ken Thorne) Gerry Goffin, Carole King 5:21

Yes, it's a good one. 'Do I have to do this all over again' is maybe my favorite song on the album.

'As we go along' is lovely, there's this ever rising solo at the end, just before the fade out, that makes it for me. And the Nilsson song is at least better than his previous effort on 'Pisces...', though I'm still not much of a fan of his late 60s baroque writing style. Still, the Monkees do a fine job on it.

The only weak point is the final track, but then, somewhere in the universe there has to be a song called 'Swami plus strings'. For that title it's worth existing. I usually turn it off before the end though. Wikipedia informs us it's a Goffin-King song, now that's unlikely.

That's almost it for me, I've got the Rhino Greatest Hits set scheduled for tomorrow. I enjoyed it.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten