donderdag 22 oktober 2015

Hey Hey we're listening to the Monkees... part 9


Side 1
1."Dream World" (David Jones/Steve Pitts)
2."Auntie’s Municipal Court" (Michael Nesmith/Keith Allison)
3."We Were Made for Each Other" (Carole Bayer/George Fischoff)
4."Tapioca Tundra" (Michael Nesmith)
5."Daydream Believer" (John Stewart)
6."Writing Wrongs" (Michael Nesmith)

This on the other hand, I really really enjoy. Starts off with my least favorite track but also a song that sums up what follows, it's dreamy, trippy stuff, and 'Dream world' is still too much like the real world to convince. But after that...

The 3 Nesmith tracks make the mood: they sort of hum along, and then veer off the beaten path. These Monkees are getting weirder. 'Writing wrongs' is probably my favorite, but only cause it's the longest, and I could listen to this stuff for a while - it stretches time. Is it me or are these record sides getting pretty long?

In between 1 fine pop song and 1 extraordinary pop song, I dig both of them, and they fit right in.

At this point, I hardly recognize the Monkees from a couple of records ago. And I wonder what record buyers made of this album.

I so hope side 2 is more of the same.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten