maandag 26 oktober 2015

Hey Hey we're listening to the Monkees... part 13


The Rhino best of zips by like a train. Having gone through the album experience, it feels completely one-sided, but it's a great side anyway. And by the end it gets pretty weird - 'Goin' down', D.W. Washburn' somebody made these singles? That's what I love about the late '60s.

There are a couple of standalone singles too. Some extremely poppy 'A little bit me...', 'The girl I knew somewhere'. Some mindboggling (see above).

Anyway, I've gotten to like these guys, and a Greatest Hits alone ain't enough for me, but it complements the albums nicely. (Well, I might not play the first album that much anymore, that part gets covered well enough here).

According to the liner notes, 'Listen to the band' points the way forward to Chicago (the band), and they meant it as a good thing. This surely contradicts all I've learned about rock history. What do you think, a band I should discover?

The end

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten