zaterdag 17 oktober 2015

Hey Hey we're listening to the Monkees... part 4


Side 2
1."Look Out (Here Comes Tomorrow)" (Neil Diamond)
2."The Kind of Girl I Could Love" (Roger Atkins, Michael Nesmith)
3."The Day We Fall in Love" (Sandy Linzer, Denny Randell)
4."Sometime in the Morning" (Gerry Goffin, Carole King)
5."Laugh" (Phil Margo, Mitch Margo, Hank Medress, Jay Siegel)
6."I'm a Believer" (Neil Diamond)

How about 'The day we fall in love'? I'm not sure that song is safe for kids.

Sadly they can't keep it up on side 2, but they give it a good shot. 'I'm a believer' is the closest thing to a classic I've heard so far - maybe it is one. 'Look out (here comes tomorrow)' and 'Sometime in the morning', no complaints. All three would slot in nicely on side one. There's something about most Carole King songs, isn't there. I don't know how she does it, but something distinctive.

The other three - 'The kind of girl I could love' and 'Laugh' don't have much to remember. I would have preferred 'Laugh laugh' by the Beau Brummels, or come to think of it, some of the bonus tracks ('I'll spend my life with you' is especially swell), but then they would have slowed the album down, I guess. That's not what they were going for.

'The day we fall in love' is weird but definitely not in a good sense like 'Grizelda'. It's kinda got me stumped.

Still, album 2 - a damn fun record. I will return to it.
On to the watershed (I'm told) that is Headquarters.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten