donderdag 31 december 2015

360 records from 2000: 17. Bebel Gilberto: Tanto tempo



Country: US / Brazil
Artist: Female solo artist
Career: debut of 2nd career
Language: Portuguese / English
Genre: Bossa nova


I gotta tell you, I’m writing this from a position of great stress. F*cking work!

You might think ‘Oh, I know where this review is going’.
All wound up.
Let’s settle down with some coffee and the lovely daughter of Joao.
In fact bring me a table for that coffee.
Where was I?
Lovely…

None of that – I want to bust this fucking cd. Fuck these spindle. Fuck these tiny bits on the front part connecting the cover with the spine – they break so easily.
Yeah, I’ll bust that Spanish guitar too, mister.
And the sampler!

I’m not feeling it right now, but this is a great record. Not just the best bossa nova album of the year, but the best since a whole lot of years.
A classic.

Now where’s that Boris album?


At its best: Samba da Bencao, August day song, No return

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten