woensdag 30 december 2015

360 records from 2000: 42. Avalanches: Since I left you


Country: Australia
Artist: Band
Career: recording since 1997, debut album
Language: English
Genre: sample pop


The sound of the future, 2000-style? (Un)luckily I’m quite immune to that kind of talk, but this is just a really fun record. The continuous mix is a bit bewildering at first (well, it was to me – it’s not a medium I much appreciate, nothing wrong with some silence here and there), but pretty soon you can feel the outline of the different songs. Enchanting, breezy summer music which also manages to capture something of the nostalgic rush for youth and such things. (oh yeah, and it’s made out of 600.000 samples, yada yada).


At its best: Since I left you/Stay another season, Frontier psychiatrist

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten