dinsdag 29 december 2015

360 records from 2000: 56. Chixdiggit: From scene to shining scene

56. Chixdiggit: From scene to shining scene


Country: Canada
Artist: Band
Career: recording since 1996
Language: English
Genre: Kings of Mallpunk

Some humour is so dumb, that it takes no effort at all to win me over. A song by a punk band called ‘Born in Toulouse’ – I’m there!

I can’t believe a better pop-punk record was made in 2000. This zings with energy, tunes and doofus humor (Gimme Gimme Aromatherapy). In context, the 3’30” of ‘Melissa Louise’ sounds like an epic voyage (five of the eleven songs are under two minutes). In reality it’s an irresistible guitarpop gem. In fact, as far as punk/guitarpop-ness goes I wouldn’t rate this very far below Redd Kross. The stand out, and I would have really welcomed this on contemporary radio is ‘Moto foxe’. This is the unassailable brilliance that I had expected from Kiss, and really, I would have preferred Kiss like this.

Entirely in keeping with the band's ethos, the only clip of 'Moto foxe' on YouTube is a bass demonstration video!



At its best: Spanish fever, Thursday night, Melissa Louise, Moto foxe, Born in Toulouse

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten